Button Professional Land Surveyors, PC  - Land Surveys

Locations in South Burlington

and Richmond, VT

surveyor on a bridge house bridge

Let us help you obtain FEMA certification

In an area prone to flooding, you must take precautions to protect your property.  If your structure or property has been identified as being located within FEMA's Special Flood Hazard Area, we can provide guidance through the process of obtaining flood insurance and generating an Elevation Certificate.  For those structures or properties that are out of the Special Flood Hazard Area, or are very close to being so, we can provide guidance through the FEMA LOMA or LOMR-F (Letter of Map Amendment or Letter of Map Revision based on Fill).

  • FEMA Elevation Certificate

  • Applications for Letters of Map Amendments (LOMA) or Letters of Map Revisions based on Fill (LOMR-F)

  • We are registered with FEMA's eLOMA process which can expedite simple LOMA applications.  For other applications, we will submit directly to FEMA.

  • We can assist in assuring compliance with floodplain management regulations, including generation of site plans, existing conditions plans, impact of proposed Base Flood Elevations etc.

Residential and commercial

After you receive your FEMA Elevation certificate, you may use it to acquire flood insurance for your property.


Take advantage of this service and offer your property full protection from hazardous flood damage. A completed Elevation Certificate will allow you to obtain the proper flood insurance rate from FEMA, especially important in fringe and Zone A areas, as well as areas not well identified on 1980's series FIRM maps.  For structures that end up being removed from the Special Flood Hazard Area by means of a LOMA or LOMR, flood insurance requirements may be removed, but are recommended

Get flood insurance

Get your Elevation Certificate with the help of a licensed surveyor from Button Professional Land Surveyors, PC!

Call today: